The Charity Digital Skills Report
We’ve recently mapped digital skills across the UK charity sector. This is a great resource to benchmark your charity against, understand where the sector is at with digital, and prioritise what your charity should do next, based on trends. Read The Charity Digital Skills Report.
Making Digital Work: our guidance produced with the Charity Commission
Zoe Amar Communications have launched a major new resource with the Charity Commission and Grant Thornton UK to help boards and executive teams get to grips with digital. Download it here.
The Charity Digital Toolkit
We’ve developed a free toolkit in partnership with Skills Platform to help charities develop their skills in all areas of digital, from strategy to data to use of channels, fundraising, leadership and service delivery. Read The Charity Digital Toolkit.
Third Sector Digital Leaders’ Programme
Now in its second year, we run a digital leadership training programme for charity leaders. We’re running the course for the third time at the end of this year and applications are now open. Find out more about the course and what our alumni say.
Digital Discovery- our forum for charity leaders
We offer free quarterly meetups to help small groups of charity leaders take the next steps on their digital journeys. At Digital Discovery you’ll hear from some of the best experts in the field, and explore the opportunities and challenges you face in digital with your peers. Find out what happened at a recent event.
These events are strictly invitation only so please email [email protected] to be added to the guest list. We are delighted to partner with Grant Thornton UK and Green Park on Digital Discovery, and are grateful to The Charity Commission for supporting these events.
The Charity Social Media Toolkit
We also co-authored the Charity Social Media Toolkit with Skills Platform, featuring case studies from charities such as Breast Cancer Care and the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, and insights from experts such as Beth Kanter and Ross McCulloch. View it here.
Articles and blogs
Zoe has written about marketing, digital and charities for The Guardian, Just Giving, Civil Society, Charity Comms and many others. Zoe regularly writes for The Guardian, Third Sector, and Just Giving.
Digital communications and social media
- 8 pitfalls of digital transformation
- 4 reasons why trustees can’t ignore digital
- 8 actions for digital boards
- How to feel the digital fear and do it anyway
- 5 secret ingredients of digital strategies
- 5 insights into digital transformation
- Why your charity’s culture is critical for digital success
- 5 questions every board should ask about social media
- How charities can prepare for their #icebucketchallenge moment
- 6 tips for charity social media policies
Strategy and planning
- How to write a charity marketing strategy
- Why marketing is not a magic bullet
- 5 ways your charity can be more transparent
Personal social media presences
- 4 reasons why trustees should be on social media
- Download our guide to help charity leaders use social media
- Download our special briefing on social media for charity CEOs
- Why your personal social media presence is more important than your CV