It’s finally here! We are very pleased to share the 2023 edition of The Charity Digital Skills Report with you.
We had a record 504 responses to the report this year, and we are so grateful to everyone who took the time to respond.
It’s a bumper report this year, including data and insight about the following:
- How the sector is responding to AI
- The effect of the cost of living crisis on charities’ digital progress
- Digital funding and support needs of charites led by or supporting specific marginalised groups, as well as sector wide funding and support needs for charities of all sizes
- Digital trends, skills and progress across the sector
- 10 digital calls to action for the sector. What do we all need to do now?
- A checklist for funders to help them offer more impactful digital funding and funder plus support
- Case studies of charities doing pioneering work with digital, from Scouts to RNID to Travel Hands
- Commentary on what the report’s results mean for the sector by leaders from organisations including The Clothworkers Foundation, NCVO, Datakind UK and more
We’re very grateful to Catalyst for supporting our report. Catalyst is a collective of individuals and organisations (like nonprofits, funders, agencies and freelancers) helping UK civil society grow in digital. They are building an ecology of interconnected support initiatives, shared infrastructures, learning networks and community spaces that help charities and civil society organisations harness the power of digital, data and design to respond to the changing needs in their communities.
We’d also like to say thank you to the many organisations and individuals out there who have championed and spread the word about the report.
Our report team have worked around the clock to bring you this year’s bumper crop of digital stats and analysis. Big thanks and lots of appreciation to my co-author Nissa Ramsay of Think Social Tech, along with Holly Cuthbert and Helen Vaux who lead on our digital comms, Eshe Kiama Zuri who’s advised us on EDI, Jasmine Nehme for developing the report website, Carla Adol for her work on report design and Janine Mitchell for leading on PR and media.
We’d love to hear what you think of the report. Please do tweet us on @zoeamar or email us on email@example.com
We are already planning the 2024 report so if you are a funder or corporate who’d like to support it please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org